Sunday, November 13, 2022

GOD's chosen nation

 

Malachi 1:1-3

King James Version

1 The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi.

2 I have loved you, saith the Lord. 

Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? 

Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: 

yet I loved Jacob,

3 And I hated Esau, 

and laid his mountains and his heritage waste 

for the dragons of the wilderness.


Since I was a child, we were taught at Catholic school that Israel was God's chosen nation.

No one ever explained why.

Until GOD made me born again, and now I know.

Thanks to the HOLY SPIRIT, who teaches me all the time.

Genesis 12:2-3

King James Version

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, 

and I will bless thee, 

and make thy name great; 

and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, 

and curse him that curseth thee: 

and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.


Genesis 17:19

King James Version

19 And God said, 

Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; 

and thou shalt call his name Isaac: 

and I will establish my covenant with him 

for an everlasting covenant, 

and with his seed after him.


Genesis 26:1-5

King James Version

26 And there was a famine in the land, 

beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. 

And Isaac went unto Abimelech 

king of the Philistines unto Gerar.

2 And the Lord appeared unto him, 

and said, 

Go not down into Egypt; 

dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:

3 Sojourn in this land, 

and I will be with thee, 

and will bless thee; 

for unto thee, and unto thy seed, 

I will give all these countries, 

and I will perform the oath which I sware 

unto Abraham thy father;

4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven,

and will give unto thy seed all these countries; 

and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, 

and kept my charge, 

my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.


Deuteronomy 7:6-7

King James Version

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: 

the Lord thy God hath chosen thee 

to be a special people unto himself, 

above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, 

nor choose you, 

because ye were more in number than any people; 

for ye were the fewest of all people:


Deuteronomy 14:2

King James Version

2 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, 

and the Lord hath chosen thee 

to be a peculiar people unto himself, 

above all the nations that are upon the earth.


Deuteronomy 26:18-19

King James Version

18 And the Lord hath avouched thee this day 

to be his peculiar people, 

as he hath promised thee, 

and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments;

19 And to make thee 

high above all nations which he hath made, 

in praise, and in name, and in honour; 

and that thou mayest be an holy people 

unto the Lord thy God, 

as he hath spoken.


Isaiah 2:1-3

King James Version

2 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw 

concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, 

that the mountain of the Lord's house 

shall be established in the top of the mountains, 

and shall be exalted above the hills; 

and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, 

Come ye, 

and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, 

to the house of the God of Jacob; 

and he will teach us of his ways, 

and we will walk in his paths: 

for out of Zion shall go forth the law, 

and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.


Isaiah 11:10

King James Version

10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, 

which shall stand for an ensign of the people; 

to it shall the Gentiles seek: 

and his rest shall be glorious.


Isaiah 41:8-9

King James Version

8 But thou, Israel, 

art my servant, 

Jacob whom I have chosen, 

the seed of Abraham my friend.

9 Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, 

and called thee from the chief men thereof, 

and said unto thee, 

Thou art my servant; 

I have chosen thee, 

and not cast thee away.


Isaiah 43:21

King James Version

21 This people have I formed for myself; 

they shall shew forth my praise


Jeremiah 31:1

King James Version

31 At the same time, 

saith the Lord, 

will I be the God of all the families of Israel, 

and they shall be my people.


Jeremiah 51:19-24

King James Version

19 The portion of Jacob is not like them; 

for he is the former of all things: 

and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: 

the Lord of hosts is his name.

20 Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: 

for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, 

and with thee will I destroy kingdoms;

21 And with thee will I break in pieces the horse and his rider; 

and with thee will I break in pieces the chariot and his rider;

22 With thee also will I break in pieces man and woman; 

and with thee will I break in pieces old and young; 

and with thee will I break in pieces 

the young man and the maid;

23 I will also break in pieces with thee 

the shepherd and his flock; 

and with thee will I break in pieces 

the husbandman and his yoke of oxen; 

and with thee will I break in pieces captains and rulers.

24 And I will render unto Babylon 

and to all the inhabitants of Chaldea 

all their evil that they have done in Zion in your sight, 

saith the Lord.


Ezekiel 5:5

King James Version

5 Thus saith the Lord God; 

This is Jerusalem: 

I have set it in the midst of the nations and countries 

that are round about her.


Micah 5:2

King James Version

2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, 

though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, 

yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me 

that is to be ruler in Israel; 

whose goings forth have been from of old, 

from everlasting.


Zechariah 9:9

King James Version

9 Rejoice greatly, 

O daughter of Zion; 

shout, 

O daughter of Jerusalem: 

behold, 

thy King cometh unto thee: 

he is just, 

and having salvation; 

lowly, and riding upon an ass, 

and upon a colt the foal of an ass.


Zechariah 12:8-9

King James Version

8 In that day shall the Lord defend 

the inhabitants of Jerusalem; 

and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; 

and the house of David shall be as God, 

as the angel of the Lord before them.

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, 

that I will seek to destroy all the nations 

that come against Jerusalem.


Romans 11:25

King James Version

25 For I would not, brethren, 

that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, 

lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; 

that blindness in part is happened to Israel, 

until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.


Romans 11:28

King James Version

28 As concerning the gospel, 

they are enemies for your sakes: 

but as touching the election, 

they are beloved for the father's sakes.


Next post is on GOD and nations.


Related material:

Zechariah 12 (Israel as "cup of trembling" )

GOD's PLAN of SALVATION

Honoring ISRAEL


Image: Pexels


The BROTHERHOOD verses

  1 John 4:6 King James Version 6 We are of God:  he that knoweth God heareth us;  he that is not of God heareth not us.  Hereby know we the...